THE ROYAL CASTLE IN WARSAW – MUSEUM
TICKET SALES AND BOOKING REGULATIONS
- These Regulations (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulations”) set forth the detailed principles applicable to reservation and/or purchase of tickets to the Royal Castle in Warsaw - Museum, the Residence of Kings and the Republic of Poland, located at Plac Zamkowy 4, 00-277 Warsaw, entered into the Register of Cultural Institutions maintained by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage under the number 19/92, NIP (Tax Identification Number): 526-000-13-12 and REGON (Business Registry Number): 000860582, website: zamek-krolewski.pl (hereinafter referred to as the “Castle’s Website”), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 22 35 55 170 (hereinafter referred to as the “Castle”).
- The Castle reserves the right to amend and update these Regulations at any time. Information about the amendments introduced shall be published, along with the updated version of the Regulations, each time, on the Castle’s website.
- Individual customers may purchase tickets to the Castle in two ways:
- at the Castle’s ticket window,
- electronically, via the Castle’s website.
- Group customers may book their tickets to the Castle by submitting their request to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, or may purchase such tickets in two ways:
- at the Castle’s ticket window,
- electronically, via the Castle’s website.
- Those willing to purchase tickets to the Castle electronically, need to fill out the registration form available at the Castle’s website, providing true and up-to-date information and complying with the instructions provided thereon. Failure to abide by the instructions may result in inability to effectively purchase the tickets.
- Where the registration form referred to under item 5 of this clause is found to operate incorrectly, those willing to purchase the tickets should immediately contact the Castle by sending a message to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The contact established in the manner described above shall serve as a basis and a condition precedent for submitting any related claims.
- The Regulations are available at the Castle’s ticket window and on its website.
- By commencing the process of booking and/or purchasing tickets to the Castle, the customer confirms that they have read and accept the wording of:
- these Regulations,
- Castle Sightseeing Regulations, as published at the Castle’s website (hereinafter referred to as the “Sightseeing Regulations”)
Continuation of the aforementioned process shall be also deemed to constitute an undertaking to abide by the provisions of the documents referred to above.
Rules Concerning Entry to the Castle
- The general rules concerning entry to the Castle are set forth in the Sightseeing Regulations.
- Detailed information on the dates and times during which the Castle is open to visitors, as well as on potential exceptions, are available at the Castle’s website and ticket window.
- A fee is charged for admission to the Castle and for participation in selected events organized by the Castle.
- The fees referred to in item three of this clause are provided for in the price list available on the Castle’s website and at the Castle’s ticket window. The prices specified in the aforementioned price list are gross prices and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate.
- Admission to some of the events organized by the Castle is free. Information about such events is available on the Castle’s website and at the Castle’s ticket window. Admission to such events is possible based on free registration tickets that may be collected from the Castle’s ticket window, on the day on which the event takes place.
- Tickets to the Castle may be booked and/or purchased subject to availability.
- The Castle’s ticket window is open:
- from Tuesday to Thursday, and Saturdays, from 9:50 am to 5:00 pm. Between 1 May and 31 August each year, the ticket window is also open on Mondays, from 9:50 am to 5:00 pm,
- on Fridays, from 9:50 am to 7:00 pm,
- on Sundays, from 10:50 am to 5:00 pm.
On the days on which other events are organized by the Castle (e.g. concerts) that commence outside the Castle’s business hours, the Castle’s ticket window will be also open (subject to availability of tickets) 60 minutes prior to the beginning of the event concerned.
- On Wednesdays admission to the Castle’s permanent exhibition is free. Entry to the Castle is possible, on Wednesdays, based on free tickets available from the Castle’s ticket window.
- Due to conservation-related reasons, the number of visitors simultaneously present on the premises of the Castle is limited. Therefore, the sales of tickets from the Castle’s ticket window may be suspended temporarily.
- Due to the fact that a number of national ceremonies are held at the Castle, access to some exhibition rooms may be restricted.
- Those willing to purchase a reduced fee ticket at the Castle’s ticket window must present a document authorizing them to take advantage of the reduced fee. If the reduced fee ticket has been purchased online, the relevant document authorizing its holder to take advantage of the reduced fee should be presented to the usher, while entering the premises of the Castle.
Sales of Tickets to Individual Customers
- Individual customers may purchase tickets to the Castle at its ticket window or electronically, via the Castle’s website at: bilety.zamek-krolewski.pl.
- The number of tickets that individual customers willing to visit the Castle’s permanent or temporary exhibitions may purchase in one transaction is limited to nine. When concerts or other events are held, the aforementioned limit may be modified. Relevant information shall be published, on each occasion, in the advertisement materials of the concert or event concerned, and will the also posted at the Castle’s ticket window.
- Once purchased, the ticket to the Castle needs to be presented to the usher when entering the exhibition or a given event held at the Castle.
- Individual customers who have purchased tickets to the Castle electronically are required to print them out and to present them to the usher when entering the exhibition or a given event held at the Castle.
- Tickets for the Castle’s permanent exhibitions may be purchased 60 minutes prior to the closing time at the latest.
- The availability of tickets for the Castle’s temporary exhibitions is determined on a case-by-case basis and may differ depending on the location, size and throughput of a given exhibition. The Castle reserves the right to introduce temporary restrictions in the availability of tickets.
- Tickets to the Castle may be purchased electronically one hour prior to the beginning of a given event at the latest. Once the 1-hour deadline expires, tickets will be available at the Castle’s ticket window only.
- In order to purchase tickets to the Castle electronically, the payment needs to be made via the PayU electronic system within 15 minutes from the selection of tickets. Failure to make the payment shall result in automatic cancellation of the selection made. Once the payment has been made, the sales system automatically generates electronic tickets and a receipt. If electronic tickets have not been delivered to the e-mail address provided, they may be collected from the Castle’s ticket window, on the day of the visit to the Castle at the latest, within the ticket window’s business hours.
Booking and Sales of Tickets for Group Customers
- Organized groups may visit the Castle after purchasing tickets at the Castle’s ticket window or via its website at: bilety.zamek-krolewski.pl. Group customers may also book their tickets by submitting their request to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Tickets to the Castle should be booked 21 days prior to the date of the planned visit at the latest.
- Reservation of tickets to the Castle shall be confirmed after a relevant payment has been made with the use of the PayU system or at the Castle’s ticket window, within 14 days prior to the date of the planned visit.
- Failure to make the payment shall result in automatic cancellation of the reservation.
- Once the payment has been made via the PayU electronic system, the sales system automatically generates electronic tickets and a receipt. If electronic tickets have not been delivered to the e-mail address provided, they may be collected from the Castle’s ticket window, on the day of the visit to the Castle at the latest, within the ticket window’s business hours.
- Once purchased, electronic group tickets to the Castle need to be printed out and presented to the usher when entering the exhibition or a given event held at the Castle.
- Organized groups are admitted to the Castle with guides, audio guides or on their own.
- Only guides holding a relevant certificate issued by the Castle are authorized to offer guided tours of the Castle.
- A group taking a guided tour of the Castle may comprise 30 people at the most. Organized groups of more than 30 people are divided into smaller groups.
- Admission to the Castle’s exhibitions is possible at specific times. Individual groups enter the Castle Route once every five minutes. In the case of other exhibitions, the entry time intervals are posted on the tickets.
- Admission to the Castle’s exhibition is possible on the date and time specified on the ticket.
- Late arrival of a group renders the tickets to the Castle invalid.
- Where the need to issue a VAT invoice has been reported later than at the time at which the tickets to the Castle were purchased electronically, the Castle shall issue the Vat invoice within a deadline that is set forth in the applicable legal regulations.
- Payments for entrance tickets to the Castle may be made:
- at the Castle ticket office, whereas the ticket office accepts payments in PLN and by payment cards. Information on the card types accepted is available at the Castle ticket office, at the ticket booths, and on the Castle Website,
- via the website: www.payu.pl to which users are automatically directed after placing their order, using payment methods made available on the said site and in accordance with payment regulations of the payment service in question.
- Payments under one order should be made in full, in a single transaction, and include the price of all Castle entrance tickets ordered.
- The confirmation of the order shall be in the form of an email sent to the email address provided upon the placing of the order.
- Complaints regarding the payments should be submitted in accordance with the regulations of the aforementioned payment service published on the following website: payu.pl/regulaminy.
Ticket Validity and Returns
- A ticket to the Castle Route authorizes its holder to enter on the date and at the time specified on the ticket.
- Tickets to the Castle’s permanent and temporary exhibitions are valid within the time interval specified in the ticket, and during the Castle’s business hours.
- Only those individual and group tickets may be returned that have been purchased at the Castle’s ticket window. The return must be made 3 days prior to the planned date of the visit or of the event at the latest (inclusive of that date). A confirmation of purchase must be presented in order to return tickets (fiscal receipt issued while purchasing the tickets, receipt from the payment terminal (in the case of a card payment) issued while purchasing the tickets, VAT invoice). Those willing to return their tickets are required to submit a relevant statement, in writing, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, o may submit the said statement at the Castle’s ticket window.
- Group customers who have booked tickets to the Castle in accordance with provisions of § 4 of these Regulations, may cancel their reservation by submitting a relevant statement, in writing, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com within 14 days prior to the days of their planned visit, indicating the date of such a planned visit, the reservation number and the number of Castle tickets to be returned.
- Refunds shall be made:
- at the Castle’s ticket window, in cash or to the payment card, depending on the method that was relied upon to make the original purchase;
- to the bank account specified in the request for refund or to the bank account with the use of which the electronic payment was made.
- Tickets to the Castle purchased electronically cannot be exchanged for tickets for a different date or replaced with tickets of a different type.
- The Castle reserves the right to change, in situations justified by specific circumstances, the forms of and the rules pursuant to which tickets to the Castle are booked, and the times during which specific events may be visited. Information about any such changes shall be communicated publicly via the Castle’s website. In exceptional cases, the Castle reserves the right to inform about the changes at the time at which these occur. Those who have purchased tickets to the Castle shall have the right to change the date of their visit or to have the payment made refunded.
- Pursuant to Article 38(12) of the Act on Consumer Rights of 30 May 2014 (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 683 of 30 March 2017), the right to withdraw from a contract concluded outside the premises of the enterprise concerned, or from a distance contract cannot be exercised if the contract concerns the provision of services related, inter alia, to entertainment or cultural events, provided that the contract states the date of or the period within which the service is to be rendered.
- Complaints regarding the process of booking and/or purchase of entrance tickets can be made in writing, with the complainant’s signature, by sending the correspondence to the address of the Castle, referred to in section 1 § 1 of the Terms and Conditions, or by electronic means, by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In such case, the Castle shall immediately send the confirmation of receipt of the complaint by electronic means.
- The complaint notification form can be found [HERE].
- The complaint should indicate the subject of the complaint and provide the detailed data regarding the process of booking and/or purchase of entrance tickets.
- The complaints shall be processed immediately, no later than within 30 days of their receipt.
- The Castle shall inform the complainant of the result of the complaint proceedings in writing by sending correspondence to the address of the sender or by sending an email to the email address indicated in the complaint notification.
- The processing of complaints by the Castle shall not exclude the right to pursue claims under general principles.
Personal data protection
The information clause on personal data processing is available on the Castle Website. The initiation of the process of reservation and/or purchase of entrance tickets to the Castle shall be confirmed by the prior reading of its contents and the consent to processing of personal data in order to carry out the above processes.
Provisions of the Civil Code Act of 23 April 1964 (Dz.U.2018.1025, consolidated textof 29.05.2018), the Act on Provision of Services by Electronic Means of 18 July 2002 (Dz.U.2017.1219, consolidated text. of 24.06.2017), the Consumer Rights Act of 30 May 2014 (Dz.U.2017.683, consolidated text of 30.03.2017) and other binding provisions of law shall apply accordingly to all matters not regulated in these Terms and Conditions.
The Terms and Conditions shall become effective as of the 1st March 2019.